1. Will THE KING be my favorite movie of all-time, or merely my favorite movie of 2019?
2. Will MARRIAGE STORY solidify Scarlet Johansson and Adam Driver as generation-defining - or at least decade-defining - actors?
3. DPs Roger Deakins, Rodrigo Prieto, Robbie Ryan and Hoyte van Hoytema all have movies coming out this Fall (“The Goldfinch,” “The Irishman,” “Marriage Story” and “Ad Astra,” respectively). Which shooter has the best shot to join these cinematography stars?
4. How will whodunnit KNIVES OUT satisfy and surprise?
5. What does love feel like to Trey Edward Shults (WAVES)?
Adam’s Most Anticipated Films of the Fall
1. The Irishman
2. Marriage Story
3. Knives Out
4. The King
1. Will A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD warm my heart, or creep me out?
2. Will the Joker be added to the list of characters to get two people an Oscar nomination? (via listener Ross Bratin, on JOKER)
3. Who (still) has the bigger biceps: Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzenegger? (RAMBO: LAST BLOOD, TERMINATOR: DARK FATE)
4. Will HARRIET be an Eve’s Bayou-level triumph for director Kasi Lemmons?
5. Can Steven Soderbergh stay off his phone long enough to convince us he's also good with traditional moviemaking? (via listener Aaron Neuwirth, on THE LAUNDROMAT)
Josh’s Most Anticipated Films of the Fall
1. Ad Astra
3. Knives Out
4. The Irishman
5. Jojo Rabbit