#270: Ponyo / Throne of Blood / Top 5 Films of 2000
今週のfilmspottingは、日本editionです！ まずAdamとMattyは、宮崎 駿の崖の上のポニョにたいして話します。それから、ShakespeareのMacbethを参考にした、黒沢明のクラシック蜘蛛巣城を話します。そして 最後には、２０００年のtop 5映画。
We believe the show description above loosely translates to: Two American dunderheads try to sound smart talking about Hayao Miyazaki's latest animated feature "Ponyo," and Kurosawa's 1957 classic take on Macbeth, "Throne of Blood." The yammering yankee dorks also list their Top 5 Films of 2000.
Plus: Listener Feedback, Massacre Theatre -- presented by In Review Online -- and music by Deer Tick.
:13-15:00 - Review: "Ponyo"
Music: Deer Tick, "Easy"
15:55-21:19 - Voicemail, Polls
21:20-23:38 - Matty's 'The More You Know'
23:39-34:47 - Feedback ("District 9")
Music: Deer Tick, "Little White Lies"
35:45-40:28 - Massacre Theatre
40:29-52:50 - Kurosawa #3: "Throne of Blood"
Music: Deer Tick, "Song About a Man"
53:55-1:04:15 - New DVDs/Donations
1:04:15-1:21:56 - Top 5: Films of 2000
1:21:57-1:25:26 - Close/Next Show
- We didn't choose Ponyo over Inglorious Basterds. Basterds wasn't an option for us because Matty wasn't able to make the lone press screening. Next week for QT.
- Adam's Top 5 Films of 2000 Regrets: Need to see Yi Yi and Dancer in the Dark.
- Adam's Top 5 Films of 2000 Honorable Mentions: Ghost Dog, Wonder Boys... and the first half or so of All The Pretty Horses.
- Amores Perros was counted as a 2001 movie and made Adam's Top 5.
- Here's the link to the Akira Kurosawa forum discussing the Lady Asaji scene that Adam referenced.
- For some reason Adam has started calling Ang Lee "Ahng"... and he reverted back to mispronouncing Mifune. Sorry. Probably butchered Lady Asaji too.
- Follow more notes and corrections at http://twitter.com/filmspotting.
- Jeff Goldsmith's Creative Screenwriting Podcast can be accessed through iTunes here.