In 1988, our action heroes looked like Sly Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger... then we met a barefoot Bruce Willis. Adam and Josh find out if it really is a good day to "Die Hard" as they give the Sacred Cow treatment to the action classic that made Willis a movie star. Plus, the Top 5 Most Anticipated Performances of 2013.
This episode is presented by Shutterstock (Use code FILM1) and MoviePass (Use code FILMSPOTTING).
:00-1:33 - Billboard / MoviePass
1:34-25:56 - Sacred Cow Review: "Die Hard"
Music: Andrew Bird, "Three White Horses"
27:07-28:10 - Sponsor: Shutterstock
28:30-36:21 - Notes
36:22-51:25 - "Ask Filmspotting": Freddie vs. Abe
Music: Andrew Bird, "If I Needed You"
48:11-55:01 - Donations
55:22-1:15:10 - Top 5: Anticipated 2013 Performances
1:15:11-1:18:46 - Close
- Nothing this week, sorry!
- Andrew Bird
- Show Dick aka Paul Gleason some respect. "Principal Dean Vernon" is really just "Dean Vernon."
- Interesting to note that Daniel Day-Lewis is most well known for playing a fictional character (Plainview) while Phoenix got an Oscar nom for playing a real person (Cash).
- It occurs to me (AK) there's a significant difference between Will Smith as Ali and Day-Lewis as Lincoln -- I know how Ali talks and moves; I really have no idea how Lincoln talks or walks.
- True that Michael Shannon played a big-screen baddie in "Premium Rush" this past year; still seems odd to see him as a villain in a superhero movie.
- "Behind the Candelabra" will air on HBO this year.
- Music Box 70mm Festival
- Hell's Half Mile Film & Music Fest
- Top 5 Most Anticipated Performances of 2013
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith- iTunes