Walt Disney said: "Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive." Filmspotting finds out what was on Andrew Stanton's mind when making his first live action film "John Carter." Plus, Stanton helps Adam and Josh countdown their Top 5 Traditionally Animated Films. Also on the show: quick reviews of "The Lorax," "The Secret World of Arrietty" and "John Carter."
This episode is presented by Squarespace.com.
:00-19:03 - Interview: Andrew Stanton ("John Carter")
Music: Imperial Teen, "Runaway"
20:30-21:58 - Squarespace Spot
22:16-27:52 - Massacre Theatre
27:53-34:38 - Polls / Notes
34:39-42:20 - Mini Reviews: "Lorax" / "Arrietty" / "John Carter"
Music: Imperial Teen, "Over His Head"
43:44-47:19 - Donations
47:26-1:18:28 - Top 5: Traditionally Animated Films
1:18:29-1:20:59 - Close
- Comedy Ensembles feedback
- Imperial Teen
- Massacre Theatre winner: Paul Ronollo
- Caged Widsom: Face/Off
- Caged Wisdom: The Rock
- Cinema Q II Film Series
- Filmspotting's Summer Docs class
- Bresson North American tour
- Adam on Aspect Radio
- Top 5 Tradtionally Animated Films
- Filmspotting Pantheon
- Discuss with Filmspotters at the Forum
SPONSORS / PARTNERS
- Squarespace: Use code FILM3
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith- iTunes