"Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there? … Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different … now … where was I?" Filmmaker Rian Johnson joins Adam to consider Lars von Trier and the apocalypse, as they discuss the Danish filmmaker's latest, "Melancholia." Plus, a countdown of their Top 5 Movies That Begin With the End, and Adam's conversation with Michel Hazanavicius, the writer/director of one of the best films of 2011, "The Artist."
This episode is presented by Audible.com.
:00-22:29 - Review: "Melancholia"
Music: David Bazan, "Wolves at the Door"
23:22-25:23 - Audible Recommendations
25:41-34:13 - Massacre Theatre / Notes / Polls
34:14-56:37 - Interview: Michel Hazanavicius
Music: David Bazan, "Virginia"
58:15-1:01:36 - Donations
1:01:56-1:24:36 - Top 5: Movies That Begin With the End
1:24:37-1:28:01 - Close / Outtake
- David Bazan
NOTES / LINKS
- Rian Johnson on Twitter
- Brueghel's Hunters in the Snow
- Drake Doremus: Top 5 Movies About First Love
- Massacre Theatre winner: Omar Muniz
- Top 5 Movies That Begin With the End
- Discuss with Filmspotters at the Forum
SPONSORS / PARTNERS
- Download a Free Audiobook
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith- iTunes